The Summit Scene
NEWS FROM THE SUMMIT HOTEL, ST. MAARTEN
Dear Valued Guest of the Summit Resort Hotel,
On the lovely little island of St. Maarten, there's one time each year when this favorite vacation spot is elevated beyond fabulous to purely fantastic: during the renowned St. Maarten Carnival. If you've got a bucket list, this really must be on it.
Food, fun and jump-ups
Carnival on St. Maarten, is the pinnacle of the island's calendar, and features colorful parades, pageants, regional and international artists and "jump-ups." A jump-up is a parade where local and international bands on big flatbed trucks play and entertain thousands of merrymakers as they slowly make their way through the streets to the Carnival Village.
Carnival revelers are treated to great music, incredible island cuisine, a festive nightlife, and of course, great shopping. And everyone who is anyone is present at the Last Lap, the grand finale of the Carnival, when the straw figure of King Momo goes up in smoke, with the hopes that the island will have good luck in the future.
The sweet life at The Summit Hotel
And where do smart Carnival revelers stay? At the inimitable Summit Hotel, of course! The Summit Hotel is ranked #1 ofthe 3 hotels in Cupecoy Bay onTripAdvisor.com, and for the last 38 years, it's been a favorite destination because of its friendly and welcoming staff, immaculate and comfortable rooms and incredible views over Simpson Bay Lagoon. Let the Summit spoil you with "Old world Caribbean charm" in a beautiful and peaceful private setting. It's a place for romance, memory-making with families, and frolicking with friends.
If you haven't yet tasted the unique flavor of St. Maarten, or experienced the Carnival, we're offering a special rate of $85 a night* which includes round trip van transportation to Phillipsburg each day, where the Carnival takes place.
*Rates are subject to a 10% service charge, 5.75% government tax and 5% utility surcharge.
If you've been looking for a great place to vacation, look no further. St. Maarten is the heart of the Caribbean, and the Carnival is the beat. So "jump up," get on your feet and get ready to party every night. Don't delay, book your reservations today. Space is limited, so act now to make sure you're part of the party.
Bruce Jakubovitz, Owner
- December 2014 - Happy Holidays!
- November 2014 - RCI Gold Crown Award
- October 2014 - High Season Approaching
- July 2014 - Things to do
- April 2014 - TripAdvisor Award!
- March 2014 - Carnival!
- February 2014 - Our 40th Anniversary!
- January 2014 - Les Fruits de Mer
- December 2013 - Happy Holidays!
- November 2013 - RCI Gold Crown Award
- October 2013 - Annual Coastal Cleanup
- September 2013 - Supporting Young Talent
- August 2013 - Summer Specials
- July 2013 - RCI Diamond Award!
- June 2013 - TripAdvisor Award!
- May 2013 - Early Summer Specials
- April 2013 - Springtime in St Maarten
- March 2013 - New Arrival!
- February 2013 - Carnival Specials
- January 2013 - JMB Award
- December 2012 _ Happy Holidays!
- November 2012 - St. Maarten's Day
- October 2012 - High Season Countdown
- August 2012 - Going Green
- July 2012 - SHTA $1 Day
- June 2012 - TripAdvisor Award
- May 2012 - Summer Activities
- April 2012 - Carnival on the Dutch side