The Summit Scene
News From The Summit Resort Hotel, St. Maarten
Dear Valued Guest of the Summit Resort Hotel,
It's A Boy!
We are thrilled to announce the arrival of the newest member of the Summit family! Georges Honoré was born to General Manager Evans on the morning of Saturday, March 9, 2013 and weighed in at a healthy 7 pounds, 9 ounces. Mother, father and baby are all doing well and pictures are promised in time for our next newsletter. Feel free to send congratulations and best wishes directly to the family at Manager@thesummitresort.com.
Come to The Carnival
Carnival in St. Maarten's means over three weeks of parades, festivals, pageants, music and celebrations!Including: seven locally-themed nights, six international nights and eight road events (jump-ups and parades).
There is still time to book for the Carnival season,
April 6th-May 2nd.
Click here for a complete schedule of Carnival Events and to learn more about a season pass that gets you into all the events.
Book online now with TheSummit Resort Hotel and use promo code CAR2013 to receive our special Carnival rates.
Come and celebrate St. Maarten's arts and culture with your family in the sunshine at The Summit Resort Hotel. We'll see you soon!
Youmay Dormoy Keeps Arts Alive in St. Maarten's!
Locally famed Youmay Dormoy is no one trick pony. He founded and leads Generation New Status Drumband, whichteaches kids life skills through drumming, and still finds time for painting and music of his own.
Youmay Dormoy's works - artistic, musical, and in the community - are true St. Maarten's treasures, and this month you can take in both his art and music at Sheer Restaurant.
You won't want to miss his latest live collaboration withItalian guitarist Franco Segatto. They'll perform together every Tuesday until April 20th 2013 at Sheer, where Dormoy's art will also be on display. Tickets include a delectable four-course dinner, thrilling live performance, and service charge inclusive for just $45 per person.
Come to the Summit Resort Hotel and experience it for yourself!
Employee of the Month: Denise Pemberton
Our employee of the month goes to our front desk clerk, Denise Pemberton. Denise hails from St. Johns, and has two kids. She loves to bake, cook, and listen to music.
Denise has proven herself hardworking and dependable since day one. She was nominated"Rookie of the Year 2011," just a few months after starting with the Summit Resort Hotel.
Her manager and teammates alike know they can count on her and they go to her first when they need assistance. Denise, we applaud your superior efforts day in and day out.
We're happy you're a part of the Summit Family. Great job and thank you!
Come and experience St. Maarten the way our regulars do, at the best hotel on the island-The Summit Resort Hotel.
We can't wait to help you relax and make new memories to share this year. We'll see you in the sunshine!
Bruce Jakubovitz, Owner
E. P. Evans , General Manager
The Summit Resort Hotel
In the US 718-775-3250
Email The Summit atinfo@TheSummitResort.com
- July 2015 - Hall of Fame
- December 2014 - Happy Holidays!
- November 2014 - RCI Gold Crown Award
- October 2014 - High Season Approaching
- July 2014 - Things to do
- April 2014 - TripAdvisor Award!
- March 2014 - Carnival!
- February 2014 - Our 40th Anniversary!
- January 2014 - Les Fruits de Mer
- December 2013 - Happy Holidays!
- November 2013 - RCI Gold Crown Award
- October 2013 - Annual Coastal Cleanup
- September 2013 - Supporting Young Talent
- August 2013 - Summer Specials
- July 2013 - RCI Diamond Award!
- June 2013 - TripAdvisor Award!
- May 2013 - Early Summer Specials
- April 2013 - Springtime in St Maarten
- February 2013 - Carnival Specials
- January 2013 - JMB Award
- December 2012 _ Happy Holidays!
- November 2012 - St. Maarten's Day
- October 2012 - High Season Countdown
- August 2012 - Going Green
- July 2012 - SHTA $1 Day
- June 2012 - TripAdvisor Award
- May 2012 - Summer Activities
- April 2012 - Carnival on the Dutch side
- March 2012 - Food, Fun and Jump Ups