The Summit Scene
News From The Summit Resort Hotel, St. Maarten
Dear Valued Guest of the Summit Resort Hotel,
We are thrilled to introduce a new look to our website. It's designed to be easier to navigate, provide more information and better showcase the Summit Resort Hotel! Take a moment to visit the site at The Summit Resort Hotel!
There's happy anticipation growing here in St. Maarten. Everyone can feel it, that low rumbling of excitement that comes from only one thing...
Countdown to Carnival!
Everyone on the Dutch side of St. Maarten is excited because our annual Carnival-the most exciting event of the year-is next month from April 21-May 5. The Carnival features music from local and internationally-known artists, fabulous food vendors from all over the Caribbean, cultural youth shows and parades with extravagant costumes, floats and bands. There are also beauty pageants, costume and calypso competitions. It's a nearly non-stop party for 15 riotous days for both young and old alike.
If you've never been to the Carnival on St. Maarten, come and find out what you've been missing. The Carnival is a little like Mardi Gras, but a lot more fun because it has its own unique island sights, sounds and flavors. Add to that our balmy beaches with their clear-blue waters and warm, soft sand and you've got the perfect vacation.
Even the Airport Has a View!
Not too many places can brag about their airport, but travelers to St. Maarten are treated to a breathtaking view of the beach during landings at Princess Juliana International Airport. Our airport was voted one of the Best Caribbean Airports in 2014 by The Caribbean Journal.
It also features a great selection of food as well as the region's best duty-free shopping. Where else but St. Maarten does the beauty and fun begin even before you touch down?
Shopkeepers Fair Brings on the Bargains
April is also known for another favorite tradition: the Shopkeepers Fair. On April 5, 2014, the Shopkeepers Fair features more than one hundred shopkeepers displaying their wares in booths in a festive atmosphere. Bargains abound and locals and visitors flock to load up on island gifts, clothing, hand-made items, food and even electronics. You can find it on the Rue du Général de Gaulle from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Get a Real Taste of St. Maarten with Culinary Tours
St. Maarten is known as the "culinary capital of the Caribbean" and now we've got one more way for you to experience the exciting and exotic tastes of our local cuisine. St. Maarten Culinary Tours have carefully chosen the best restaurants in local districts and offer tours to those with adventurous and discriminating tastes. They offer several tours that not only showcase various types of cuisine, but also the culture and history behind it. Contact them for more information.
There's really no place quite as beautiful as St. Maarten and April is the best month of all for fun, festivities and fabulous food.
At the award-winning Summit Resort Hotel, you'll find fantastic rooms with beautiful views, and a dedicated staff that's worked here for many years. Our family will treat you like family.
Come and let us show you around!
Bruce Jakubovitz, Owner
E. P. Evans , General Manager
The Summit Resort Hotel
In the US 718-775-3250
Email The Summit at
- December 2014 - Happy Holidays!
- November 2014 - RCI Gold Crown Award
- October 2014 - High Season Approaching
- July 2014 - Things to do
- April 2014 - TripAdvisor Award!
- February 2014 - Our 40th Anniversary!
- January 2014 - Les Fruits de Mer
- December 2013 - Happy Holidays!
- November 2013 - RCI Gold Crown Award
- October 2013 - Annual Coastal Cleanup
- September 2013 - Supporting Young Talent
- August 2013 - Summer Specials
- July 2013 - RCI Diamond Award!
- June 2013 - TripAdvisor Award!
- May 2013 - Early Summer Specials
- April 2013 - Springtime in St Maarten
- March 2013 - New Arrival!
- February 2013 - Carnival Specials
- January 2013 - JMB Award
- December 2012 _ Happy Holidays!
- November 2012 - St. Maarten's Day
- October 2012 - High Season Countdown
- August 2012 - Going Green
- July 2012 - SHTA $1 Day
- June 2012 - TripAdvisor Award
- May 2012 - Summer Activities
- April 2012 - Carnival on the Dutch side
- March 2012 - Food, Fun and Jump Ups