The Summit Scene
NEWS FROM THE SUMMIT RESORT HOTEL,
Dear Valued Guest of the Summit Resort Hotel,
On the lovely little island of St. Maarten, this time of year brings a slower pace and less traffic but still offers many activities to enjoy. Come, relax and unwind at The Summit Resort Hotel!
Summer activities at the Summit!
During the summer at the Summit Resort Hotel, life is slower, quieter and calmer than most other seasons. And while most of our summertime guests may come specifically to relax and unwind, others may find they'd like a little more action and excitement.
For this reason, the Summit Resort Hotel's Tropical Heaven restaurant offers entertaining activities most days of the week:
Sunday: All-you-can-eat barbeque buffet from 12-3:30 p.m. for $13.95.Monday: Steel pan music, free rum punch and snacks at the pool deck from 6-7 p.m. Members of the TradeWinds Cruise Club will be on hand to visit and answer your questions.Tuesday: BINGO at 6 p.m. with prizes ranging from jewelry to a certificate for dinner.Wednesday: A free bus shopping trip to Phillipsburg leaving at 11 a.m.Thursday: The ever-popular karaoke jam-where everyone is a singer, especially after a delicious drink (or two).
We've got other great ideas for activities as well, so feel free to come to the front desk and ask us for a recommendation!
By land or by sea? How about by yacht?
The Summit Resort Hotel has now teamed up with theTradewinds Cruise Club to offer our guests an opportunity to see St. Maarten and the surrounding islands in a wonderful new and unique way...by yacht!
Tradewinds, another RCI Gold Crown exchange partner, offers luxury crewed catamaran cruising on yachts in a variety of sizes from 41-70 feet. The guests of TradeWinds will be treated to their signature hospitality, including a personal chef and professional staff, making sailing around the world both exotic and wonderfully comfortable. Activities offered by TradeWinds include diving and snorkeling. Visit theirwebsite and feel the ocean breeze in your hair and the invigorating feel of pure freedom.
The Legendary Ms. Mena
At the Summit Resort Hotel in St. Maarten, one special employee holds the hearts of all the staff, as well as many of the guests, especially those who've returned year after year.
Her name is Ms. Mena, and she has been Head of Housekeeping at the Summit Hotel since it opened in 1973. Ms. Mena met her first husband here, and subsequently had three of her children with him, one of whom, Evans, is presently General Manager of the Summit Hotel.
Ms. Mena is the longest-serving employee of the Summit, and at 70 years old, still runs the Housekeeping Department and helps to maintain the gardens.
Ms. Mena is beloved for her warm smile and the wonderful hugs she bestows on the guests, especially those who've returned over the years, and look for her eagerly upon arrival. We salute you, Ms. Mena!
If you've been looking for a great place to vacation, look no further. St. Maarten is the heart of the Caribbean. Call or email us for details and reservations. See you in the sun.
Bruce Jakubovitz, Owner
- July 2015 - Hall of Fame
- December 2014 - Happy Holidays!
- November 2014 - RCI Gold Crown Award
- October 2014 - High Season Approaching
- July 2014 - Things to do
- April 2014 - TripAdvisor Award!
- March 2014 - Carnival!
- February 2014 - Our 40th Anniversary!
- January 2014 - Les Fruits de Mer
- December 2013 - Happy Holidays!
- November 2013 - RCI Gold Crown Award
- October 2013 - Annual Coastal Cleanup
- September 2013 - Supporting Young Talent
- August 2013 - Summer Specials
- July 2013 - RCI Diamond Award!
- June 2013 - TripAdvisor Award!
- May 2013 - Early Summer Specials
- April 2013 - Springtime in St Maarten
- March 2013 - New Arrival!
- February 2013 - Carnival Specials
- January 2013 - JMB Award
- December 2012 _ Happy Holidays!
- November 2012 - St. Maarten's Day
- October 2012 - High Season Countdown
- August 2012 - Going Green
- July 2012 - SHTA $1 Day
- June 2012 - TripAdvisor Award
- April 2012 - Carnival on the Dutch side
- March 2012 - Food, Fun and Jump Ups