The Summit Scene
NEWS FROM THE SUMMIT RESORT HOTEL,
Dear Valued Guest of the Summit Resort Hotel,
The Happy Countdown Has Begun.
With a busy tourist season ahead, the tourism offices, businesses, hotels, restaurants, casinos, and tour attractions are making preparations and implementing some upgrades to ensure that visitors to the island will have a wonderful time and enjoy our "friendly island." Here are some of the things we're doing to make your next visit more pleasurable:
St. Maarten Prepares for our Happiest Season
* To make it easier and more efficient for visitors entering and leaving the island of St. Maarten, a Tourism Statistical Data Information System (TSIS) has been developed, which includesnew visitor immigration cards to enable faster clearance through the airport. The new TSIS scanners are in place at Princess Juliana Airport, reducing the time required for travelers to get through Customs.
* Improvements have been made to the roads and underlying infrastructure, including repairs, upgrades to the sewage and water drainage systems, and a more reliable bus system for Mullet Bay/Cupecoy.
There are so many things on our friendly island to capture your heart, from culture, food, beaches, hotels and varieties of land and water activities. Don't wait, book your vacation today with The Summit Resort Hotel, St. Maarten.
Then come, unwind on our pool deck overlooking the magnificent view of the lagoon, as you sip on a frothy tropical drink. Lean back and close your eyes, as the gentle Caribbean breeze caresses your skin and happy Caribbean music drifts across the air.
The Summit Resort Hotel Staff Appreciation Day
At The Summit Resort Hotel, we pride ourselves on showing our staff how much we appreciate their hard work. That's why we conduct an Annual Staff Appreciation Day.
This year the event was held on October 4th and was truly a memorable time for both employees and management. Everyone had a great time enjoying the tasty local dishes prepared by the staff of Tropical Heaven, our onsite restaurant operated by Michael and Denese.
Some of our employees enjoyed their day relaxing and soaking in the sun, while others cooled off in the pool and did some much-needed socializing with each other. Everyone had a great time and look forward to our Staff Appreciation Day next year!
Employee of the Month:
The sentinel, Mr. Jules-André Alexandre
He is one of the first people to greet you with a warm welcome upon arriving at the Summit Resort Hotel in St. Maarten. Known as Alex, he was born in Haiti and migrated to St. Maarten in 1986. He began working with the Summit Resort Hotel in January 1999, and has served as Front Desk Clerk and Security Guard. He is currently Head of Security.
Alex takes his job very seriously and prides himself on being a good employee. He trains new incoming security guards, and is very alert in regard to the safety of our guests, staff and property.
Alex has been married for 23 years, and has four children (3 boys and a girl). He spends his time off relaxing with his family watching TV. He especially loves to watch football, and enjoys listening to Zouk and Kompa music.For returning guests, Alex's face is a welcome sight at the security booth.
Alex, we applaud you for all that you've done. Thank you.
There is no time like the present to get your reservation for a fabulous stay in one of the most beautiful places in the world: The Summit Resort Hotel on the incredible island of St. Maarten.
Bruce Jakubovitz, Owner
- April 2014 - TripAdvisor Award!
- March 2014 - Carnival!
- February 2014 - Our 40th Anniversary!
- January 2014 - Les Fruits de Mer
- December 2013 - Happy Holidays!
- November 2013 - RCI Gold Crown Award
- October 2013 - Annual Coastal Cleanup
- September 2013 - Supporting Young Talent
- August 2013 - Summer Specials
- July 2013 - RCI Diamond Award!
- June 2013 - TripAdvisor Award!
- May 2013 - Early Summer Specials
- April 2013 - Springtime in St Maarten
- March 2013 - New Arrival!
- February 2013 - Carnival Specials
- January 2013 - JMB Award
- December 2012 _ Happy Holidays!
- November 2012 - St. Maarten's Day
- August 2012 - Going Green
- July 2012 - SHTA $1 Day
- June 2012 - TripAdvisor Award
- May 2012 - Summer Activities
- April 2012 - Carnival on the Dutch side
- March 2012 - Food, Fun and Jump Ups